Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Day 6 - a bushy haircut

The previous owner of our house was a big fan of grasses.  I'm not so keen.  I think they have their place.  They add a nice structural element to the garden and are pretty low maintenance, but they also get very big and take over the whole place.  I'm trying to reduce or remove a lot of grasses in our garden and replace them with edible plants or beautiful flowers. 
 I didn't actually dig this one out down to the roots, just pulled as much of it out as I could by hand.
The result is that I can see a few other leggy plants that need a bit of attention, but this bit of garden looks a bit tidier.

Time taken - about 10-15 minutes.

Future tasks noted:

  • plant Spring bulbs in this bed.
  • Get solar fountain for the pond and more pond plants ready for next Summer (read up on blue-green algae - I think we may have some in this pond!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 7 - the back nook

 We have a nook in the back garden.  A little corner that perfectly catches the morning sun.  It's hidden away so is a great place to di...