Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Day 7 - the back nook

 We have a nook in the back garden.  A little corner that perfectly catches the morning sun.  It's hidden away so is a great place to disappear with a book (when it's not overgrown with weeds or cobwebs).  The dog loves to sunbathe on the decking in front of it.  Along the right hand wall is a wonderful climbing hydrangea in which blackbirds nested this Summer, along with a clematis that scrambles across the roof (and in through every gap it can find) of the nook.  There's a sickly gooseberry bush in a tub, next to that are some tree mallow and this Spring I planted a LOT of flowers (gladioli, lupins, fuchsia and many many more).

Today I just spent fifteen minutes tidying up this area.  I cut back a bit of grass and pulled up some euphorbia which was encroaching, trimmed back the clematis and weeded and swept the paving.
I'm amazed at the big difference just those few minutes can make.  Each time it's spurring me on to keep up with this challenge.

Time taken - about 15 minutes

Future tasks noted

  • We've got some yucky yucca just to the left of where I'm taking this photo.  They are huge and spiky and I know from last time I tried to get rid of one that they have deep and grasping roots.  They've got to go.  I hate them passionately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 7 - the back nook

 We have a nook in the back garden.  A little corner that perfectly catches the morning sun.  It's hidden away so is a great place to di...